ALGERIA NEWS - BANK OF ALGERIA ANNOUNCEMENT
As from 22 March 2020 the “ Bank of Algeria” will accept documents sent electronically supported by a swift of the issuing bank to fulfill the import procedure. Those documents can also be used for the customs formalities.
In addition, the following restrictions apply in Algeria:
- Since 24.03.2020 a curfew has been in force between 19:00 and 07:00 in 20 Wilayas (administrative districts).
- All shops are closed, except for the following: bakeries, supermarkets and pharmacies.
- All passengers flights have been suspended
- All public transport and taxis have been suspended
- All ports are still operational but with a minimum service ( note that the port of Annaba was on strike last weekend)
- Banks and tax offices are working with an emergency service.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your IPSEN contact person.